10.04.2007

Sweater Thursday


So here we are. The inaugural (Favorite) Sweater Thursday. I've chosen to go with a light blue crew neck today. This is certainly not my favorite sweater ever, my yellow argyle sweater vest and blue and white christmas sweater come to mind, but it is the sweater I most wanted to wear this morning. It's classic, and it sets off my eyes. Also there is a wolf looking over my shoulder. Perhaps Thursdays should be known as Sweater of the Moment Thursdays rather than Favorite Sweater Thursdays, to avoid a feeling of untruthfulness among participants. In an interesting note, I teach all 3 of my discussion sections on Thursdays. It appears that from now on my students will only be seeing me in sweaters. I'm OK with that.

7 comments:

DarcyM said...

i concur about renaming this of all holy days sweater thursday.

DarcyM said...

by the way, your hair looks absolutely insane. I sort of like it, but don't know why.

Anonymous said...

you are the only male i know that would seriously say something "sets off my eyes". i can't believe we're friends.

Jobonga said...

I think we are off to a good start here. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of myself this morning so I am off to a bad start. Whitney, I think this sweater would look good on me, too. You've kind of got a snaggletooth sneer going which you do in a lot of your uglier pictures.

Alex said...

Ah, the pickle chair, wolf painting, and crappy sweater... All vestiges of my former life...

wb said...

1. That is not a crappy sweater. I'll show you a crappy sweater. Next Thursday.

2. Darcy, that is what shampooed Whitney hair looks like. Just for the record.

3. This sweater really isn't pastel. I realize it sort of looks that way in the picture, and that you've all seen me in pastel sweaters in the past. But this one isn't.

DarcyM said...

the pastels made reference to where in sweaters you have worn in the past. I know what you were wearing was not a pastel. I can spot you in pastels from a mile away. Its like a train wreck.