8.28.2008

For Realzies

I was in the kitchen tonight making some dinner-pancakes; in the background the Democratic Convention played. There was a lineup of "everyday people" talking about why they're voting for Barack. Roy Gross started it off:

My name is Roy Gross. I’m a proud member of Teamsters Local 299 in Detroit, Michigan. When I was a young man and wanted to start a family, I went to Detroit and landed a job as an automobile transporter. I delivered new cars from the assembly plans to dealerships around the country.
It was a great job, a Teamsters union job. You worked hard and it paid good wages, plus health care and pension. I worked there for 18 years. Working class families were doing well in Detroit until the Bush Administration took office, then everything changed [Emphasis added].
Really? That's when things started going downhill in Detroit?

1 comment:

schmatie said...

detroit just needs to up their Pizzone production. the city will be jammin again in no time...