3.07.2009

We Accept Types ♳ - ♹

We all know I have a thing for bad recyclers; I like them only slightly more than non-recyclers. How ironic then that I've been living with one for the past 2 years. I don't know why it's so hard for Martin to grasp the basic do's and don't's of Madison's single stream recycling program but I've gotten used to giving our bag of recycling a quick once over before taking it out; just to make sure there aren't any balls of dirty tinfoil, grease soaked cardboard, or egg shells hiding out in there.
[No Hamtub recycling?]

As it turns out, it's not just Martin. Last week, after tossing in a bag full of 40s, champagne bottles, and orange juice cartons I noticed an entire broom in the recycling dumpster. I'm still deciding where the most effective place to post my passive-aggressive note explaining the non-recyclability of wood and wicker would be. 

Someone was really on a roll with their anti-recycling progrom though because while I was in there fishing out the broom I found their half-full jug of bleach too. Also not recyclable. In fact, hazardous waste.





A few other things to keep in mind while disposing in Madison:

1 comment:

Tommy said...

i feel so bad. I was only single-bagging my deer carcasses.